01 09 10

13 July 2013

Christmas Plate

My Christmas Plate

I was inspired by trying Mod Podge after seeing some wonderful makes by my friend Trudie last year.
Last Christmas I made a Santa cookie plate so this year I thought I would follow the theme and pop my Granddaughters name on for her.
I must admit the plate is a cheapie that way it does not really matter if I make a mistake
First stamp your image onto card stock and colour - I used promarkers
I then cut round the image 
I used the new Christmas stamp - A Christmas Story
and a Christmas tree background.
I leave this to dry thoroughly overnight
I also used Dies to cut out letter's and numbers
I then use Mod Podge to adhere image and letters to the plate and then I  cover all with Modge Podge I have found that using a small soft brush works the best for me
Leave to dry about 2-3 hours
Completly cover again with mod podge 
this plate took 3 coverings
It is completly washable although not for Dishwashers
Thank you for looking
xx


No comments: