01 09 10

1 June 2016

Sitting in my Boat

Hi all! kel here today to share a fun shaker card with you!!  This super cute shaker card is using the always adorable Josh - Sitting in My Boat stamp.


First thing I did was to cut a white mat measuring 5.25" x 5.25" as my card is 5.5" x 5.5".  I cut out a circle from the center of the mat using my trusty 'ol circle cutter, making sure the whole image could be seen through the window. 


Then I cut down a sheet of acetate/transparency to fit behind window for my shaker pocket, and then pulled a bunch of sequins and confetti in blues, yellows, and golds to match my image.


Instead of making a full on pocket and then gluing it down, I decided to go the cheat route and use some washi tape... both sealing the pocket closed and sticking the pocket to the back of my piece.


The next thing I did was to add some washi to the back of my colored image...


... and then I made sure to line the image up so you could see everything in the window and pressed down so it stayed put.


So this is what the back of my image/mat looks like... pretty messy, huh?!?  Good thing it's the back of the mat!! haha!!


The last thing I did was to add the sentiment and a cute little fishy sticker I found in my stash.


And wa-lah!!!  love it!!  It reminds me of the aquarium and looking through the little window in the shark tank!!  haha!!


Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you again soon!!

lovies, =o) kel

No comments: