01 09 10

25 January 2016

Wizard Charlie Shaker Tutorial

Hey all, kel here today sharing a super fun tutorial with you!!  This is Wizard Charlie and he was just too cute to not want to use!!!  As I'm sure I've said before, Big A is SUPER into Harry Potter, so how could I say no?!?  I decided to make him into a nice big shaker card that could be displayed on Big A's desk.

The first thing I did was color him up with Copics and then add some 3D foam all the way around the image.  I actually ran out of foam tape and had to resort to the squares!


I trimmed a piece of acetate/transparency to the same size as the outer edge of the foam pieces, and then wrapped the edges with some black and white washi tape. 


I made a sequin and confetti mix of my own to match this adorable wizard's outfit.  I pulled purples, white and dark charcoal grey 6mm cupped sequins, golden yellow 4mm cupped sequins, and gold stars. 


After getting the sequins inside and making sure there was enough to shake around, I pulled the paper off the foam and then stuck down my acetate piece.


I did a simple embossed purple mat on a white card base.


After looking at this I decided it needed something to finish it off without blocking the shaker window...


... and then decided to make Big A's card into a birthday card since his birthday is coming up next month it's perfect timing!!


And ta-dah!  Here's the finished shaker card!!  Came out super cute, I know Big A will love it!!


Thanks for stopping by today, see you again soon!!

lovies, =o) kel

No comments: