01 09 10

28 January 2014

Jac's New Release - Patches Puppy

Today we are showing you Jac's lovely new release project, using 

Patches Puppy

I decided to make a door hanger treat box for my project using the adorable 'Patches Puppy Surprise Surprise'.  There are lots of fabulous tutorials out there in blogland and after trying a rough attempt I decided that it wasn't deep enough for the treats I had in mind so I altered the sizes a bit and this is what I came up with.
 
Start with a piece of card 13 1/4 inches by 8 1/2 inches.
along the long side score at 4 1/2 inches and 5 1/2 inches then turn the card and score at 1 inch and 2 inch in from each side.  


Refering to pic 1 you then need to cut away the shaded parts and you will be left with pic 2.
 
Fold along all the score lines and add double sided tape where I have in pic 2.

Now is the best time to decorate the front panel just remember that when you fold it to make up the treat box the edge of the card will actually become the top of the treat box.  See pic 3


Once decorated fold and tape the edges into place add a hole in the back panel at the top, I used a 2 inch circle punch.  Hey presto you door hanger treat box is ready to be filled with lots of yummy treats.  See finsihed item. 
 
I hope that all made sense, thanks for looking.

 



Thank you for looking

1 comment:

ribenaruby said...

Hi, I love door hangers and am always on the lookout for something a bit different, gorgeous inspiration with Patches! Ruby x