01 09 10

26 January 2014

Aunty Sue-New Release-Ilove You

Today we are showing you Aunty Sue's project using the lovely new stamp 

I love You.

Good morning my name is Aunty Sue and I am here today to show you my Double Easel card made with one of the Fabulous New Release this month called I Love You . You can find the stamp in the store here along with the rest of the release and the fab wedding Sentiments which I know you will love as much as I do. So grab a cuppa relax as you may be here for a while and enjoy


All my colouring has been done with my Promarkers and I have used 2 20x20cm blank Kraft card blanks for the base. One is used for the base card and the other I have cut up to make panels and matt the papers. The Papers are all First Edition Love Letters. Dies are listed below and various embellishments and lace from local suppliers.
So onto the make and pictures in a little more detail:
Stamp coloured with promarkers


Take one of the blank cards and divide one of the sides into 13cms and 7 cms. This will did the double effect. Then fold both of these sides in half to create the easel fold.


Then with the 2nd blank cut
1 panel 13x20cms one
1 large oval – X Cut
1 large scallop Heart
1 set of Memory Box Hearts
With the DP(1) I cut
19x19cm for base
9x12cm for panel
9x9 cm for smaller panel x 2
Plain Heart
Memory Box Butterfly
2nd Dp I cut
Cherry Lynn Swirl
Smaller Heart
Oval – Xcut same size as the Kraft but I embossed and then cut just within the inner line to get a slightly smaller one.
I cut some co-ordinating card to matt the panels
19 ½  x 19 ½ cm, 19 ½ x 12 ½ cm, 9 ½ x 6 ½ cm x 2
Then it is just assembling the layers
The Larger panel when closed is the same size as the card while I just matted the small onto the base card as a single layer. The smaller section therefore has 2 panels as in the picture (closed card) on the base card while the larger section has a full panel covering. On this panel when sticking to the base layer only apply double sided tape to the bottom half of the panel or it won’t fold down.



Layer up the heart as in the picture and then embellish with: diecuts, extra pearls, ribbon, lace and flowers. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Wedding sentiments on a small scalloped heart and typed For My Valentine of the computer. I matted this with off cuts of the Kraft card and Dp’s placed the lace across the bottom card. 



The Heart Sentiment with the Large Rose acts as a stop for the large panel creating the easel. While the sentiment “For My Valentine”, has been stuck down with foam pads. This elevated it to act as a stop for the smaller panel.





Thank you for looking

No comments: