01 09 10

28 August 2013

Oriental

Good morning it's my (Jac) turn to share the secret image I had for the new release and I loved her!  Now grab yourself a cuppa as this is quite a picture heavy post, ok are you ready?  Then I'll begin!


First off all when I got my secret image I knew exactly wanted I wanted to do with her as I had an old pair of trousers with embroidery on them that I thought would match her beautifully, so without further ado the trousers were attacked very neatly by Ria with a rotary cutter!



Then Ria made a seam across the bottom of the trouser leg to create the bottom of the bag and a double hem around the top.



Next the image was stamped onto some transfer paper that I picked up in Lidls a while ago just because it seemed like a good idea at the time and the price was good! Lol The one thing I did discover was that it was better to colour with copics as the brush is much softer than the nib of spectrums as they tended to take the surface of the transfer paper off.   Yes I did do some trial runs! Lol (forget to take a pic of the coloured image before transferring it!)


So with the bag ready for the transfer it was time to iron and add the handle.


And just to finish off here’s a close up of the gorgeous Geisha Girl image coloured and transferred, don’t forget though that the transferred image is a mirror of the original stamped image.  


Hope you like, 
Jac & Ria xx












9 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

Ooh I Love This And Just Got To Play With This Image. Great Idea Jac

Diane said...

What a fab crafty idea Jac and Ria !!

Love it !!

hugs Diane xx

Jackie W said...

Stunning project! Such a lovely image! Love the tutorial! :)

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Wow Jac what a fab idea it looks wonderful! Susan x

Renee B. said...

This is awesome!
Hugs, Renee

Renee B. said...

This is awesome!
Hugs, Renee

Laura Love said...

This is such a cool idea! I have never tried to do anything like this but love the look! I may have to try something like this in the future! Awesome job!

Margaret said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the image and your coloring is amazing!

Ggma Nay said...

this calendar is so adorable! i would love to win it!!!